Frequently Asked Questions

Agricultural Land Trust is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Therefore to purchase or sell units it is necessary to contact your broker. If you do not already have a broker you can call the ASX Broker Referral Service line on 1300 300 279 or go their website:

The Trust is a listed vehicle therefore it is not possible to redeem your securities. To dispose of your investment you need to sell your securities on the ASX via your broker. If you do not already have a broker you can call ASX Broker Referral Service on 1300 300 279 or go to their website:

The current unit price can be found on the ASX website or in the “industrial’ section in daily newspapers – code AGJ.

You can access details of your unitholding through the Registry including on line at You can check on your current holding and access the relevant forms to notify us of any changes to your address and direct credit details. You will need your Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) or Holder Identification Number (HIN).

An SRN is a Shareholder Reference Number for Issuer Sponsored holdings. An HIN is a Holder Identification Number for Broker Sponsored holdings. These can be found on your latest holding statement.

Issuer Sponsored: An Issuer Sponsored holding is maintained by the issuer of your securities, us, via the Registry. Issuer sponsored securities can be traded through any broker to whom you have given permission to access your holding for the purposes of buying or selling securities. Issuer Sponsored holdings are allocated a Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) prefixed by an ‘I’ and can be found on your holding statement. Broker Sponsored: Broker Sponsored holdings are allocated a Holder Identification Number (HIN) prefixed by an ‘X’.

To do this, you need to send written authorisation to the Registry quoting your SRN or HIN and signing your request. You may choose not to provide your TFN, but if you do not provide your TFN your distribution may be taxed at the highest marginal rate.

This can be requested by writing to the Registry or, if you are an existing unitholder, online at

When a holder dies, their assets form part of their estate. The administration of an estate can be complex, time consuming and sometimes distressing. The Registry has created a range of services for assistance when dealing with an estate.

Computershare Investor Services Pty Ltd, Level 5 115 Grenfell Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Ph 1300 727 620, fax 1300 534 987.

Should distributions be payable, the Trust is required to pay the distributions within 100 days of the end of each distribution period (being the 6 month periods ending 31 December and 30 June). The payment of distributions is determined by the board and is subject to the availability of distributable income. The Trust endeavours to announce estimates of distributable income prior to the end of each distribution period in accordance with ASX listing rules.

The trust endeavours to issue annual tax statements at the time of payment of the distribution relating to the distribution period ending 30 June.

Unitholders can elect to receive a cheque, or have their payment paid directly into their bank, building society or credit union or reinvest their proceeds into additional units via the Distribution Reinvestment Plan (DRP) when the DRP is active. To change your payment method or update your bank details, you need to send written authorisation to the Registry quoting your SRN or HIN and signing your request.

The DRP allows unitholders to reinvest their distributions for additional units free of brokerage charges and at a discount to the market price at a level (if any) determined by the directors. Participation in the plan is optional. To participate it is necessary to fill in a DRP election form and send it to the Registry (see Investor Centre – Distributions & DRP) or you may make the elections on line at the Registry at

A listed trust is not required to hold AGM’s however the board considers from time to time whether investor meetings should be held.

Our phone


Our fax


Our address

Level 16, Governor Macquarie Tower, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney NSW 2000

Scroll to Top