The ASX Corporate Governance Council has released a document titled "Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations”.
The Principles and Recommendations provide a good reference in determining best practice Corporate Governance, while recognising that one size does not fit all.
Other than those relating to audit committees for the Top 500 Companies, a listed entity can choose not to follow a recommendation. If it does not follow a particular recommendation, it must explain why in its annual report (i.e. the "if not, why not" approach).
Key corporate governance documents
- Board Charter ( Adobe PDF Document, 369 KB)
- Code of Conduct ( Adobe PDF Document, 348 KB)
- Communications Policy ( Adobe PDF Document, 377 KB)
- Continuous Disclosure Policy ( Adobe PDF Document, 448 KB)
- Corporate Governance Aug 2016 ( Adobe PDF Document, 158 KB)
- Securities Trading Policy ( Adobe PDF Document, 399 KB)
- Appendix 4G ( Adobe PDF Document, 333 KB)